Gala Tickets are SOLD OUT
Applications Due Soon!
The Hillsborough County Council PTA/PTSA knows every local unit works very hard to focus on the Purposes of PTA. We want to recognize the individuals and units who further the mission and purposes of the PTA through your work planning events and programs that are meaningful to your members and your community. Applying for our many awards allows local units an opportunity to showcase their efforts and share successful program. Instructions for completing all the award applications and descriptions follow:
- Read and review all awards available. Get all of your information gathered up before you begin your submission.
- ALL AWARD APPLICATIONS ARE ONLINE! AWARDS APPLICATIONS ARE DUE ON OR BEFORE MARCH 25, 2019 AT MIDNIGHT.
- Awards for Golden Participation, Student Involvement, Volunteer hours and Increased Membership will be given out based on the PTA information you provide – no separate application is required for these awards.
- Please include a 3 sentence synopsis of your application and the phonetic pronunciation of recipient’s name if applicable.
- Do NOT mention your nominee, school, mascot, or PTA/PTSA when writing your narrative, as this will result in immediate disqualification.
- Most Important … Focus your writing on the Purpose of PTA and how your nominee or program promoted these purposes.
- Awards Gala will take place on April 11, 2019 starting at 10:00 am.
THE PURPOSES OF PTA
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship
- To raise the standards of home life
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth
- To bring into closer relation the home & school, that parents and teacher may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
Every Local Unit in good standing is eligible so PLEASE Apply! We want to see the great things happening in Hillsborough County.
Get the Awards How-to below!
- Outstanding High School Senior/Student Led Program
- Local Unit Volunteer of the Year Award
- Local Unit Student of the Year Award
- Local Unit Principal of the Year Award
- Local Unit President of the Year Award
- Local Unit Non-Instructional Person of the Year Award
- Local Unit Instructional Person of the Year Award
- Superman (Male Engagement) Award
- Start-up PTA Award
- Health & Safety Award
- Family Involvement Award
- Education Award
- Communications Award
- At Your Service/Three Star Award
- Arts in Education Award
- Advocacy/Legislation Award