Hillsborough County Council PTA/PTSA AWARDS INFORMATION
Deadline for Awards Submission: Postmarked by March 24, 2017 (Date extended)
The Hillsborough County Council PTA/PTSA knows every local unit works very hard to focus on the Purpose of PTA. Through your work planning events and programs that are meaningful to your members we wish to recognize individuals and units who further the mission and purpose of the PTA. Applying for our many awards allows local units an opportunity to showcase their efforts and share successful program.
Instructions for completing all the award applications and descriptions follow:
- Read and review all awards available.
- All award applications are available on our www.hccptaptsa.org website. Please print clearly and complete application in their entirety. You must specify the division you qualify for on each application.
- The Master Submission Form must be completed and included as your cover sheet which consolidates all your PTA information. Awards for Golden Participation, Student Involvement, Volunteer hours and Increased Membership will be given out based on the PTA information you provide – no separate application is required for these awards.
- Submit the Master Submission Form along with various Award Applications and 4 copies of each of the narratives. If copies are not included with the narratives, the application will be disqualified. Judges are brought in for one to two days for strictly blind judging, we cannot stop to make copies for you. *****Please include a 3 sentence synopsis of your application and the phonetic pronunciation of recipient’s name if applicable, for announcing at awards luncheon.
THE PURPOSES OF PTA
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, places of worship, and throughout the community;
- To raise the standards of home life;
- To advocate for laws that further the education, physical and mental health, welfare, and safety of children and youth;
- To promote the collaboration and engagement of families and educators in the education of children and youth;
- To engage the public in united efforts to secure the physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social well-being of all children and youth; and
- To advocate for fiscal responsibility regarding public tax dollars in public education funding.
Please see SUMMARY OF AWARDS for a list of all available awards and descriptions.
Every Local Unit in good standing is eligible so PLEASE Apply! We want to see the great things happening in Hillsborough County.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE POSTMARKED OR DELIVERED to Palm River Elementary NO LATER than March 24, 2017. (Date extended)
Mail all award applications in a single envelope to:
ATTN: Awards Chairperson
c/o Palm River Elementary School
805 Maydell Drive
Tampa, FL 33619
Please join us to celebrate PTA:
Thursday, May 4, 2017
Lowry Park Zoo
Registrations start at: 10:00
Lunch Service begins: 11:00
Program starts: 11:30
You may purchase tickets online or please RSVP by e-mail to: email@example.com
Payments to be mailed to: HCCPTA, c/o Robin DeVault, Gaither High School, 16200 N. Dale Mabry Hwy., Tampa, FL 33624
- School Mail Rte. 2
We are so excited to finish our year with joy and celebration, and you are invited.