Student artists from 44 Hillsborough County schools created original works of art based on the Heroes Around Me theme for the annual National PTA Reflections Art program. On Sunday, January 13, the Hillsborough County Council PTA PTSA recognized students for their artistic ingenuity and efforts to bring the Heroes Around Me theme to life in a way that is personal and meaningful.
74 Award of Excellence recipients will have their work advance to the State level competition in April 2019 in Orlando.
Congratulations and best wishes to all Hillsborough County student artists!
Choose an Arts Category
This is your chance to express who you are as an individual through one or more of the following:
Reflect on the theme: HEROES AROUND ME and get creative!
- Interpretation: How closely the piece relates to the theme, based on the artwork itself and the artist statement.
- Creativity: How creative and original the piece is in its conception of the theme and its presentation.
- Technique: The level of skill demonstrated in the basic principles/techniques of the arts area.
Submit Your Entry
In your artist statement, tell us about your work and what it means to you.
- How does your work relate to the theme?
- What is your personal connection to the theme?
- What did you use to create your work (e.g. supplies, technology, instrumentation, props, etc.)?
- What/Who was your inspiration?